Whether you are getting divorced or revisiting issues of child custody and support, you want to know that your best interests are protected. You will then have the confidence to negotiate a fair out-of-court resolution or stand your ground in contested proceedings.
The Law Office of Stephen E. Dubner offers professional representation and personal attention in all aspects of divorce and family law. Stephen Dubner is a Flower Mound divorce attorney who will guide you to sound solutions in an emotionally taxing and legally complex process. Call 214-257-8818 for a free consultation.
Lewisville, Texas, Family Law Attorney Helping You Achieve the Protection and Solutions You Need During a Divorce
Since 2005, we have represented men and women throughout Denton County and the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex in all matters pertaining to dissolution of marriage as well issues impacting their children and their finances, including:
- Contested and uncontested divorce actions
- Dividing assets and debts
- Spousal support
- Complex property division
- Child custody and visitation
- Modifications of custody or support orders
Put Yourself in the Best Position
The first spouse to file for divorce has an edge, especially in the determination of where the case is filed and temporary orders for custody, child support and spousal support. These orders do carry weight in negotiations or court proceedings. Whether you are initiating divorce or you were served with papers, Mr. Dubner takes prompt action to protect your immediate and long-term interests.
Your Texas Divorce
Texas is a no-fault state — you do not have to prove infidelity, abuse or abandonment. To file for divorce, you must have lived in Texas for at least six months and resided in Denton County (or the county in which you reside) for at least 90 days. There is also a required 60-day “cooling off” period to reconcile before the marriage can be dissolved.
- Uncontested divorce — If you want to part amicably and agree on property division and all issues of custody and support, Stephen Dubner will carefully draft the papers to address all pertinent issues and minimize any future disputes.
- Collaborative divorce — You may disagree on important issues but desire an amicable split, especially to foster a healthy future co-parenting relationship. Mr. Dubner can help you explore collaborative family law, an increasingly popular approach. You both agree (in writing) not to go to court, clearing the way for a reasonable property settlement and parenting plan.
- Divorce litigation — Going to court is expensive, and adults and children both come away scarred. But sometimes it is unavoidable. Stephen Dubner is an experienced trial lawyer who can advance your interests and protect your rights in contested divorce.
Arrange a free, confidential consultation today with our skilled and compassionate attorney. We can arrange evening or weekend appointments, and we accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover.